POLYMER CHEMIST, COMPOSITES
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
- Formulation and application development for Composite Materials New Business
- Development activities in particular for the Strategic Growth Projects (SGP) for Industrial, Construction and Transportation segments
- Expenditure of the existing product portfolio (Primasets and Lonzacures) based on formulation approach targeting for advanced performance product development and toughening technology
- New Product Development based on Composite Materials core technologies for Primaset, Lonzacure and future products
- Conduct literature and patent research for relevant projects and topics
- Provide cost calculations for targeted formulations and products based on specific process and production facilities
- Coordinate the project work with relevant functions involved in manufacturing, value chain, and marketing, sales and new business development of Composite Materials
- Producing of prototypes based on existing and new materials in various applications
- Miscellaneous and administrative; incl. safety, trainings, supervision of lab technician, sample shipping & handling
- Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications & Skills required
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Chemistry or Applied Polymer Chemistry with experience in Thermosets
- Min. 5 years' experience in Product Development or Application/Technical Service in the composite materials market environment
- Knowledge about Thermosetting Resins and Composite Materials, incl. manufacturing, processing, chemical, mechanical and thermal characterization
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English and German required
- Ability to design new value added polymers and polymer applications
- Aility to build up required equipment for prototype generation and testing
- Action & goal orientation, self-driven, motivated and commercial oriented mind-set
- Knowledge about performance of various polymer classes (Epoxy, PU)
- Ability to work across a complex matrix environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Not only are we a custom manufacturer and developer, Lonza also offers services and products ranging from active pharmaceutical ingredients and stem-cell therapies to drinking water sanitizers, from the vitamin B compounds and organic personal care ingredients to agricultural products, and from industrial preservatives to microbial control solutions that combat dangerous viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.
Further information can be found at www.lonza.com.
Add to my event